Misconceptions on Overpopulation
Rev. Fr. Gregory D. Gaston, SThD
- The world is overpopulated.
- Overpopulation is a scientific fact.
- Population growth rate of 2.04% is extremely high.
- We should aim for a zero population growth rate.
- Filipino families have too many children.
- Having two children should be the ideal family size.
- Intensified population control will solve poverty.
- The Catholic Church teaches that people should beget as many children as they can.
- The Church has always recognized the government's intervention in the decision-making of spouses.
- The Catholic Church is not concerned with the plight of the poor in the country.